Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Sun's Dots

I shoot my eye's in the sun's fire.
I remember the yellow high
of solar sky
but I do it anyways.

The shape shifts
and soaks my heart in tawny acid.

Pupils disappear into
a shadow of canary-colored
glow
that brands me blind.

The universe is black dust
with yellow polka dots.

The dots pop like bubble gum
and sprinkle the remains
on ebon lashes
like Indian saffron.

I see nothing 
but tainted dots
through eyelids that forgot how
to see.

A desert fire ignites
in rays that reach 
my chest instead
of sight.

Spheres of yellow craters
dissolve
like the scars that touch
skin.

I no longer walk in the sun
but am the light
that shines
like dots,
like stars,
like creases over flesh
I saw on my birthday.

The pull of heat
has turned me
and saved me from the
battle I never wanted to see.

An eyelash wrestles
with a tear
and I fall
into the light of dots
into the chrome coated abyss
I've been searching for, since
the nightlight of my youth.

I leave darkness
seeing at last
the yellow dots of light
I'd never thought I'd see.

No comments:

Post a Comment